2–B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
• The educability of all children and adolescents.
• Treat all students equitably.
• The belief that all children and adolescents can learn at high levels and achieve success.
2–C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
• Apply learning theories to accommodate differences in student intelligence, motivation, cognitive style and achievement levels.
Foster cooperation and collaboration for collective problem solving.
Standard-3: Knowledge of Islamic Ethical Values/ Social Life Skills
3-A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
The Islamic code of conduct (beliefs, prayers, and ethics) in light of Quran and Sunnah. The values which are globally accepted and are being promoted.
The present need of national/ global peace, and the factors affecting peace and resulting decline of the values and ethics.
• Essential principles of Islamic values in the textbooks.
3–B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
Bring awareness among people that ‘Quran’ and ‘Surma’ are the only valid sources for knowing about Islamic values in true sense.
• Tolerance and celebration of diversity.
• Dialogue as a means to conflict resolution.
3–C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
• Create a safe and secure learning environment.
Practice Islamic code of conduct by their own behaviors and guiding through a convincing dialogue with learners to value and practice the ethical and Islamic values.
• Practice Islamic teachings in classrooms and schools to prevent the misunderstandings tha–. can lead to the mischaracterization and even demonization of Islam and other faiths.
Standard-4: Instructional Planning and Strategies
4-A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
• The aims, goals and objectives of education as well as of curriculum for specific subject
• How to plan instructional strategies based on students’ needs, development progress and prior knowledge.
• General methods of teaching
• Special/ specific methods of teaching different areas of the subject
4–B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
• Pedagogy of care, collaboration and cooperation.
• Team-work and cooperative learning.
• Multiple ways to solve problems
|Previous Page||Next Page|