DPI(SE) Letter advice regarding Time Scale Promotion to Finance Department
Nn/772 /1.1/Admn .0-42020
DIRECTOR PUBLIC INSTRUCTION (SE)
School Education Department
Government of the Punjab Lahore
ATTENTION Section Officer (S-V1)
Subject: SEEKING ADVICE REGARDING TIME SCALE PROMOTION/ TIME SCALE PERSONAL UPGRADATION TO OFFICERS IBS- 16 AND ABOVE
It is submitted that Government of the Punjab, Finance Department vide letter No FD PC 4012/2017 dated 19 4 2019. has permitted for time scale promotion to the next higher scale to the officers/officials who completed 10 years service in their basic pay scales and have not been promoted due to a few number of posts in the upper tier Subsequent clarification vide No FD.PC 40-12/2017 dated 26-07-2019 has permitted Time Scale Promotion to those officers / officials who have promotion channel available to them The operator par 2 (v & viii) respectively are as –
v- “Time Scale promotion is admissible to officers / officials who have completed 10-years in a cadre in which promotion channel is available or on a stagnant post having no promotion channel and they have not on any other cadre or post”.
viii- “It is further added that the benefit of Time Scale Promotion is to the extent of personal up-gradation only Formal promotion in cases where promotion channel is available shall continue to be made in the prescribed manner”.
2. In the light of above letters (Annex attached), SED, QAED, DPI(SE) & DPI(EE) have issued advices to District Accounts Officers in the Punjab for grant of time scale promotion in the next higher pay scale to certain officials and officers. Moreover Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) in the Punjab have also issued advices to District Accounts Officers in the Punjab for grant of time scale promotion in the next higher pay scale to certain officers and officials.
3. It is submitted that Govt. of the Punjab, Finance Department issued a clarification vide No FD.PC 40-12/2017 dated 20.12.2019 in which it has defined that “a few number of posts in the upper tier mentioned in Para 1(l)” of Finance Department letter No. vide letter No FD PC 40.12/2017 dated 19.04.2019 (Annex attached) means that posts in upper tier are LESS than or equal to 10% of the posts in lower tier.
4. Keeping in view the clarification dated 20-12-2019, it has been observed that there is no post (of teachers of BS-16 to BS-20) in the upper tier which is less than or equal to 10% of the posts in the lower tier.
5. The clarification dated 20-12-2019 is contradictory to the policy letters No FD.PC 40-12/2017 dated 19.4.2019 and clarification No.FD.PC 40-12/2017 dated 26-07-2019. The clarification dated 20-12-2019 has created frustration amongst teachers, officers and officials across the Punjab. Now, this Directorate is unable to continue awarding Time Scale Personal Up gradation in favour of the officers / officials of BS-16 and above in compliance of Govt. of the Punjab, Finance Department clarification vide No FD.PC 40-12/2017 dated 20.12.2019.
6. In this regard, this Directorate may be guided that what will be the fate of officers who have already been granted Time Scale Promotion by this Directorate and other attached Departments.
7. In the light of above, clarification may be seek from Finance
Department either to withdraw earlier orders / advices of Time Scale Promotion issued by this Directorate or clarification No. FD.PC 40-12/2017 date 12.2019 may be deleted for continuation of Time Scale Promotion / Time Scale Personal
(RANA ABDUL QAYYUM KHAN)
FOR DIRECTOR PUBLIC INSTRUCTION (SE)
Teachers Bio-data form for Schools for School record
Suspension Orders of Head Teacher in Tehsil YAZMAN
Mr. Abdul Rehman Posted as Dy. District Education Officer (M-EE/BS-18) Tehsil Athara Hazari
NOBEL PRIZE General Knowledge Questions Answers MCQs
Mst. Tahira Altaf adjusted as Senior HM at GGHS CHANI GOTH
Decision against Mst. Talat Mehmood Assistant Director O/O CEO(DEA) Bahawalnagar
PROBE ON COMPLAINT AGAINST MR. ASLAM IJAZ (BS-19) CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (DEA) BAHAWALPUR
Suspension Orders of Mr. Jahangir Ali AEO (Male) Mano Chak Tehsil Phalia
3-Days Master Trainers Training of INSAF Afternoon School Program
Suspension Orders of Principal GGHS Muslim Multan
Notify a committee regarding relaxation of B.Ed issues of Educators inducted in 2015
Responsibility MATRIX regarding Up-Gradation of Public Schools under IAS program