· Create a cooperative classroom climate for all students which is socially, emotionally and physically safe.
· Use instructional time effectively.
Standard-7: Effective Communication and Proficient Use of Information Communication Technologies
7-A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
· The importance of verbal, nonverbal and written communication in the teaching and learning process.
· How to use computers as instructional, research and evaluation tool.
· Now to use available diverse technical tools (art work, videos, cameras, phones, computers, etc.) in their classrooms.
7-B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
· Being a thoughtful and responsive listener.
· Fostering diversity of opinions among students and celebrating it in the classroom.
· Use educational and informational technology to enhance different aspects of teaching and learning.
7-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
· Model effective communication strategies and questioning techniques in conveying ideas and stimulating critical thinking.
· Incorporate up-to-date information in lesson plans.
· Develop students’ portfolios, test items, assignments and assessment through computers.
Standard-8: Collaboration and Partnerships
8–A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
· The importance of effective school-home interactions that contribute to high-quality teaching and learning.
· Different approaches to collaborate effectively with parents, professionals and community.
8-B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
· Recognizing the role of parents, guardians and other family members as a child’s teacher.
· Being willing to work with parents) families and other professionals to improve the overa, learning environment for students.
Facilitate intellectual, physical and ethical development of students through cooperative learning and interaction with community institutions.
8-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
· Identify and utilize family and community resources to foster students’ learning and provide opportunities for parents to share skills and talents that enrich learning experiences.
· Utilize knowledge of the surrounding community to enrich lessons and projects of study
|Previous Page||Next Page|