The Resource Book for Educational Management
About this book
The National Education Policy 2009 describes the vision of education as:
“Our education system must provide quality education to our children and youth to enable them to realize their individual potential and contribute to development of society and nation, creating a sense of Pakistani nationhood, the concepts of tolerance, social justice, democracy, their regional and local culture and history based on the basic ideology enunciated in the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”
Educational management is the most important factor and without effective educational management the quality of education cannot be raised. Modern day educational management demands profeSsional standards and expertise for education managers which are mostly from amongst the teacher cadre, without much management experience. Knowing the financial and service rules is essential for education managers to utilize the financial and human resources in a better way and to make public service delivery more acceptable for the community.
This resource book is intended to provide the educators and education managers accessibility to important documents related to administrative, financial and academic matters. Despite the knowledge about administrative and financial matters, success will depend on our commitment to the cause of education in Pakistan.
To enable the educators and education managers to;
- relate their responsibilities and duties to the functions of the School Education Department (SED), District Education Management (DEM) and the Directorate of Staff Development (DSD);
- advise teachers on their roles, responsibilities and duties in relation to functions of SED, DEM and DSD;
- promote responsible citizenship based on their understanding of the legislative, administrative and financial provisions in the SED;
- apply administrative and financial knowledge skillfully, effective and efficiently ; abide by the laws of the land while discharging their official duties; and
- enhance their knowledge of the rules of business and the government’s administrative structures generally at the strategic levels and more specifically at the operational level.
|Previous Page||Next Page|