Separate Practical after completion of Class 10th and 12th from 2015-2017 session
BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE & SECONDARY EDUCATION, LAHORE
It Is hereby notified for information of all teachers, students and all the concerned that the Secretary Higher Education Department / Controlling Authority of all BI&SEs in Punjab vide its letter No.SO(Boards)12-3/2014, dated 18th of September, 2015 has been pleased to approve the following decision / recommendations of the Punjab Boards Committee of Chairmen regarding revival of previous practice of awarding of marks in Practical Examination at SSC and HSSC levels w.e.f. 2015-2017 session:
The practical in each subject will be conducted separately after completion of class 10th & 12th Examinations. The marks of practical would be counted with theory marks obtained by the candidates.
The practical labs would be constituted by the Board either in the Government or private institutions affiliated with the Board.
- The practical in each subject will be conducted in other institutions where the availability is
- The Board will issue computerized practical schedule of the relevant practical’s i.e. date time and lab on the roll number slips of the
The Board will provide practical cut list of the candidates’ batch wise / subject wise according to practical centre / labs.
The Board will provide the question papers and answer books according to the total number of candidates to the centres / labs before the commencement of examination through banks.
The Board will appoint the well reputed and honest practical examiners for the conduct of practical examination.
The Practical Examiner will deposit Answer Scripts within 24 hours in relevant banks.
> The practical paper may be evaluated by the Sub Examiner / Head Examiners according to given Criteria / Marking Scheme after the termination of practical examination in all subjects.
- The candidate who fails either in theory or practical paper or in both, he/she will be declared as fail and will reappear in theory paper and practical in next available chances, if
If a candidate passes in theory paper but fails in practical in any subject, then he/she will be declared fail in the same subject of Part-II and will reappear in theory Part-II and practical in next available chances if eligible.
The Examiners appointed by the Board would be bound to perform the practical duty because examination duty has been declared mandatory by the Government of the Punjab.
- The Scheme of studies will be implemented w.e.f. the session 2015-17 and
- The portion of practical question from subjective paper will be
The division of marks in each subject in SSC/HSSC in theory objective / subjective portion and as well as the practical will be as per Annual Examination, 2013.
While the Question Paper of Practical portion will be set separately according to the norms given below:
|10%||Copy (Practical Note Book)|
|10%||Viva voce (Conducted by Practical Examiner)|
|30%||Performance evaluated by Practical Examiner|
|Set procedural description related to the Practical Examination evaluated in centralized marking centers of concerned BI&SE.|
For example if total numbers are 30, the weightage of marks of copy and viva voce, Performance and procedural description related to the Practical Examination are 3, 3, 9 & 15 respectively.
All other subjects having different total marks in practical paper will be prepared according to the above said percentage practical.
(FAQIR MUHAMMAD KAYFI)
No.303/ Meetings Dated 28-09-2015
Copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:
- The Secretary Higher Education / Secretary Schools Govt. of the Punjab, Lahore
- The Executive District Officers (Education), Lahore, Kasur, Sheikhupura and Nankana Sahib
- The Secretary Inter Boards Committee of Chairmen, Islamabad
- The Secretaries, All BISE, Punjab
- All Secondary / Higher Secondary Schools / Colleges affiliated with Board
- The Section Officer (Boards) Higher Education Department, of the Punjab, Civil Secretariat, Lahore
- The Director (Colleges), Hall Road, Lahore
- The Director General Public Relation, Lahore
(FAQIR MUHAMMAD KAYFI