RETENTION OF REGISTERED STUDENTS in 9th class and accountability on dropout
|No. SO(SE-111) 5-24312014 GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Dated Lahore the. October 15, 2014
All the Executive District Officers (Education), In Punjab. Subject RETENTION OF REGISTERED STUDENTS IN 9Th CLASS AND ACCOUNTABILITY ON DROP-OUT
It has been time and again sensitized and directed by the Department to ensure 100% retention of students upto age 16 years However, it has been noticed with great concern that you have failed to take necessary measures to achieve the envisioned retention targets.
- The Executive District Officer (Edu))District Education
Officers (SE) and the Head Teachers shall take following steps to achieve 100% retention of students upto age 16 years:
- DEO(SE) shall maintain school wise data regarding retention of Metric (91” 8,10th ) students of each High and Higher Secondary Schools;
- Head Teacher shall recommend the action against the class in-charge whose retention of students Is less than 90% during last two years:
Hi. The DEO (SE) shall recommend the action against Class In-charge as well as Head Teacher of High and Higher Secondary Schools whose retention is less than 90% during last two years:
- The PER Initiating and Countersigning Authorities shall also incorporate remarks in the Performance Evaluation Reports of the Teachers and Head Teachers whose drop out is more than
- EDOs & DEOs(EE) shall take action under PEEDA Act, 2006 against class In-charge falling under their jurisdiction if the drop out of their class is more than 10%. Report of action taken shall be submitted to DPI(EE) within one month;
- The cases of Head Teachers shall be referred to the department if the drop out rate of their school is more than 10%, within seven days and
- EDOs shall conduct meeting of DEO(SE) & Head Teachers immediately to ensure 100% retention. Minutes of the meeting shall be sent to the DPI(SE), who will put up the report to the Department after examining the sy e with his
- & DATE EVEN
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:-
- All the Divisional Commissioners in the Punjab.
- The Director Public Instruction (SEJEE) Punjab to follow up the instructions and ensure compliance from the Districts.
- Programme Director Directorate of Staff Development, Lahore
- All District Coordination Officers in Punjab.
- All District Education Officers (SE), Punjab.
- All Head Teachers of High & Higher Secondary in Punjab.
SECTION OFFICER (S-III)