- Link school with business, industry and community institutions.
Standard-9: Continuous Professional Development and Code of Conduct
9-A : Skill Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
- The demands of a professional code of conduct.
How educational research and other methods of inquiry can be used as a means for
continuous learning, self assessment and development.
- How to be innovative and inventive about teaching practice.
- How to develop and maintain a personal professional portfolio.
9-B : Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
- Collaborate with colleagues
- Share successful professional experiences with others.
- Demonstrate professional ethics.
9-C : Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
- Learn through professional education organizations.
- Seek advice of others and draw on action research to improve teaching practice.
- Uphold ethical behaviors in teaching, learning and assessment. standard.
10: Teaching of English as Second/ Foreign Language (ESL/ EFL)
10 – A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
- Status of English Language in Pakistan.
- Constraints of teaching English as second/ foreign language and strategies to enhance “learning in English” and “learning of English as language”.
- English Teaching methods and steps of learning process.
10-B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
- Lessen biases and anxiety for learning ESL/ EFL
- Address all specific needs related to ESL/ EFL.
10-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
- Use of simple English language along with supportive use of Urdu (national language) for effective teaching and learning purposes.
- Identify, analyze and address Specific Learning Difficulties in English language.
Gradually enable students to communicate in English through a natural sequence of language acquisition i.e. listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
|Previous Page||Next Page|