4-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
- Identify and design instruction appropriate to students’ stage of development, learning styles, strengths and needs.
- Plan instruction based on knowledge of classroom, school and community.
- Plan and develop effective lessons by organizing instructional activities and materials, incorporating a wide range of community and technology resources to promote achievement of lesson objectives.
5-A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
- Different types of assessments to assess students’ learning and performance.
- The results of assessment to evaluate and improve teaching and learning.
- Assessment-related issues, such as validity, reliability, business and scoring concerns.
5-B: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
- The belief that students’ learning outcomes are the basis for growth and the deficiencies
are opportunities for learning.
- Fair, objective assessment and reporting to students and families.
5-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
Develop and use teacher made tests for continuous internal assessment of students’ performance
- Analyze students’ performance using multiple sources of data
- Help students engage in objective self-assessment.
- Develop and use objective assessment tools to measure students’ progress.
Standard–6: Learning Environment
6–A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
- How learning takes place in classrooms.
- How the classroom environment influences learning and promotes positive behavior for all
- How classroom participation supports students’ commitment to learning?
Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
- The role of students in promoting each other’s learning and recognize the importance of peer relationships in creating a conducive climate of learning.
- Use democratic values in the classroom.
- Taking responsibility for establishing a constructive and engaging climate in the classroom and participate in maintaining such a climate in the school as a whole.
6-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers engage in activities to:
- Maintain a learning community in which students assume responsibility for themselves and one another.
|Previous Page||Next Page|