INTRODUCTION OF TRAFFIC PREFECT SCHEME IN SCHOOLS
From : The Deputy Inspector General of Police
Head of Traffic Police Punjab Lahore
1. All District Police Officers in Punjab
2. All Chief Traffic Police Officers in Punjab
Subject : INTRODUCTION OF TRAFFIC PREFECT SCHEME IN SCHOOLS
It has been observe that there is traffic mayhem and chaos around educational institutions particularly during opening and closing hours. Majority of Schools have no or insufficient parking areas within their premises and there is no traffic circulations mechanisms or plan to streamline the flow of traffic, Road users as well as the General Public are suffering great inconvenience and problems due to traffic congestion around educational Institutions.
2. It is particularly not possible for the traffic Police to deploy traffic staff at each school, college , university , academy etc. for the purpose of traffic management, However it will be in the interest of the Police that the administration of these education institutions contribute towards streamline traffic flow so as to facilitate their students as well as other road users. In this regard each institution will provide personal who will no as traffic prefects and will regulate / control traffic movement in front of the respective educational institution.
3. In order to address the problems highlighted above and to streamline traffic flow following steps be taken.
i. Survey be carried out to identify Educational Institutions causing traffic Problems in your area of jurisdiction.
ii. Volume of Traffic be determined or implanting traffic circulation plan and one way system where required to streamline traffic flow for each school.
iii. Requirement of barriers, Hard cones, Markings , Signboards etc. be worked out which will be installed / provided by the school administration.
iv. Availability of parking area be also assessed for each school and included in the Traffic management Plan.
v. Meeting with the school administration be held for the Provision of Personal who will perform as traffic prefect for controlling traffic flows in front of the school.
- TRAFFIC PREFECT SCHEME
- At least two persons from each school to act as Traffic Prefects
- Short training course in the light of Survey report mentioned at part.
- The prefect will wear a cap or beret with an arm badge to identify that they are Traffic Prefect.