IMPLEMENTATION OF LITERACY AND NUMERACY LESSON PLANS AS PART OF THE YEAR OF LEARNING CAMPAIGN
As you are aware, 2017/18 has been announced by the Honourable Chief Minister
of Punjab as the Year of Learning. A key aspect within this component is the increased focus on the importance of improving student literacy and numeracy outcomes. Consequently, QAED has prepared 40 lesson plans that must be used by all primary teachers that started in September. The second four (4) of these lesson plans are attached to use at the completion of the first four.
Instructions for CEOs
1. All CEOs should forward these lesson plans to schools immediately upon receipt;
2. All Head Teachers in schools must ensure that they print at least one copy of the lesson plans for teachers in their school; and
3. All Head Teachers must ensure that all primary teachers in their schools are:
(a) Familiar with the lesson plans;
(b) Block one hour every Friday to teach the lesson, using the lesson plans provided;
(c) Ensure all four lesson plans are covered within a four week period (one per week)
Instructions for teachers
- All teachers must have access to the four literacy and numeracy lesson plans and familiarize themselves with the content;
- All teachers to follow the structure of the literacy and numeracy lesson plans ribiring the one hour LitNum hour.
- 1 Every month, until QAED’s ADU model is fully operational later in 2017, QAED
will email CEOs four (4) literacy and numeracy lesson plans to continue this process. Implementation on the use of these literacy and numeracy hour lesson plans will be monitored regularly by AEOs in schools.
Dr. ALLAH BAKHSH MALIK
Ph.D, MS, UNESCO Conruciut Laureate
SECRETARY SCHOOL EDUCATION