HOLIDAYS SCHEDULE 2016 OBSERVED IN ALL SCHOOLS GOVERNMENT/PRIVATE IN PUNJAB PROVINCE
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Dated Lahore the 02nd March,2016
No. SO (A-I) 1-31/2008: In Pursuance of the provisions contained in article 37 & 41 of the Punjab School Education Code and notification no. SOW-I (S&GAD)1-3/2008(P-II) dated 04.02.2016, issued by the section officer (Welfare-I), S&GAD the following holidays schedule would be observed in all the Schools/Educational Institutions (Government/Privately managed) in Punjab Province during the calendar year 2016.
|Sr.No.||Name of Occasion||Days||Dates|
|1.||Kashmir day||Friday||February 05,2016|
|2.||Pakistan Day||Wednesday||March 23,2016|
|3.||Labour Day||Sunday||May 01,2016|
|4.||Summer Vacations||June 01 to August 14,2016|
|5.||Eid Ul Fitar
Shawal 1st ,1437 A.H *
|Wednesday, Thursday & Friday||6th,7th and 8th July,2016|
|6.||Short Summer Break for Hilly Areas||16th July to 29 July 2016|
|7.||Independence Day||Sunday||August 14,2016|
|8.||Eid ul Azha
10 Zil Haj 1737 A.H. *
|Monday & Tuesday||12 & 13 September 2016|
|9.||Ashura (9th & 10th Moharrum 1437A.H.)*||Tuesday & Wednesday||11 & 12 October 2016|
|10.||Eid Milad Ul Nabi||Monday||December 12,2016|
|11.||Quaid e Azam Day / Christmas||Sunday||25th December 2016|
|12.||Day After Chrismas||Monday||26 December 2016
(For Christians Only)
|13.||Winter Vacations||24 to 31 December 2016|
|14.||Winter Break (For Hilly Areas)||20 December,2016 to March 04,2016|
*Subject to the appearance of Moon
1.The holiday for Independence day will fall during summer vacation , however , this holiday will be observed in all the educational institutions in a befitting manner.
2. Educational institutions will observe local holidays as notified by the relevant district and local authorities from time to time.
- All Educational Institutions (Government as well as privately Managed) will strictly observe this schedule without any deviation there from.
- Winter break for hilly areas may be adjusted by the DPI (SE), Punjab keeping in view the prevailing weather conditions, in consultation with Chairman , BISE , Rawalpindi.
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi (ﷺ) , 1436 A.H. and Kashmir day have already been observed as Public Holidays.
SECRETARY SCHOOL EDUCATION
No. & DATE EVEN :-
A copy is forwarded for information to : –
- All Divisional Commissioners in the Punjab
- All District Coordination Officers in the Punjab
- The Accountant General Punjab
- The Director Public Instruction (SE & EE) Punjab Lahore with the request to circulate it among all the EDOs (Education) in Punjab.
- The Project Director PMIU Lahore
- All Chairmen of BISEs in the Punjab.
- The Director General Public Relations Punjab Lahore with the request to release this notification to the press /TV and Radio.
- All additional Secretaries of school Education Department
- The Director (Monitoring) School Education Department with request to upload the notification on the official website of the Department.
- Private Secretary to Minister for Education Lahore
- PS to Secretary Govt. of the Punjab School Education Department
- PS to Special Secretary of the Punjab School Education Department.