Grant of Time Scale Personal Up-Gradation Clarification of Officers and Officials
“SAVE TREES & PROTECT ENVIRONMENT”
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
Dated Lahore the 31st January, 2020
Mr. Abdullah Khan Sumbal
1. All Administrative Secretaries to Government of the Punjab.
2. The Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
3. The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab, Lahore.
4. The Military Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
5.. The Secretary, Punjab Provincial Assembly. Lahore.
6. The Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore.
7. All Heads of Attached Departments in the Punjab.
8. All Commissioners in the Punjab.
9. All Deputy Commissioners in the Punjab.
10. All District & Sessions Judges in the Punjab.
11. The Chief Pilot, VIP Flight, Lahore.
12. The Registrar, Lahore High Court, Lahore.
13. The Provincial Director, Local Fund Audit, Punjab. Lahore.
Subject – GRANT OF TIME SCALE PERSONAL UP-GRADATION.
In continuation to this Department’s letter No.FD.PC. 39-14/77(Pt-IV)(APCA/2008)(ProvI), dated 08.01.2016 (copy enclosed), it is stated that on grant of Time Scale Personal Up-gradation, following questions have arisen in this regard:-
(i) As to whether, a Govt. servant on award of Time Scale Personal Up-gradation to BS-16 is to be treated as Gazetted or non-Gazetted? www.786Times.com
(ii) As to whether the employees on award of Time Scale Personal Up-gradation to BS-16 are required to submit their Charge Assumption Reports or otherwise?
2. The case has been examined in the Finance Department and it
is again clarified that the term “Gazetted and Non-Gazetted” has since been dispensed with under Rule 5 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Change in Nomenclature of Services & Abolition of Classes) Rules, 1974. Now the terms “Officer and Official” exist and the same are defined in the Punjab Financial Rules Vol-I as under:
1.28-A “Officer” means Government Servant holding a post in National Pay Scale No.16 or higher National Pay Scale.
1.28-B.”Official” means a Government Servant holding post in National Pay Scales No 1 to 15
3. Therefore, the Government Servants who are drawing their pay
& allowances in BS-01 to BS-15 are “OFFICIALS” and those who are drawing their pay & allowances in BS-16 and above are “OFFICERS”. irrespective of the mode through which they have been granted the respective pay scales.
( AMAN ULLAH )
DEPUTY SECRETARY (PC)
NO. & DATE EVEN.
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to –
i.The Accountant General Punjab, Lahore.
ii. All the District Accounts Officers in the Punjab. The Treasury Officer, Lahore.
iv. The Director General Audit, Lahore.
v. The Director General Works (Accounts), Lahore.
vi. The System Analyst, Finance Department with request to upload the Notification in the Website of Finance Department.
( AMJAD ASLAM )
SECTION OFFICER (PC)