Grant of Ph.d M.phil and LLM allowance NOTIFICATION by Finance Department
1. The Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore
2. The Military Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore
3. The Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab. Lahore
4. The Senior Member, Board of Revenue, Punjab
5. The Chairman, Planning 8. Development Board, Punjab, Lahore
6. The Chairman, Chief Minister’s Inspection Team, Punjab, Lahore
7. All Administrative Secretaries to Government of the Punjab
8. The Secretary (I&C), S&GAD
9. The Secretary Ombudsman, Punjab, Lahore
10. The Registrar, Lahore High Court, Lahore
11. The Registrar Punjab Service Tribunal, Lahore
12. The Inspector General of Police, Punjab, Lahore
13. The Accountant General, Punjab, Lahore
14. The Secretary, Punjab Provincial Assembly, Lahore 15.AII Commissioners in the Punjab
16. All Heads of Attached Departments, in Punjab
17. All Deputy Commissioners in the Punjab
18. The Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore
19. The Chief Inspector of Treasuries & Accounts, Punjab, Lahore
Subject: GRANT OF PH.D / M. PHIL / LL.M ALLOWANCE
I am directed to refer to the subject and state that hither to Ph.D /D.Sc. / M.Phil / LL.M Degree Allowance was allowed to Government servants where they were in possession of the same over and above the eligibility criteria of the post and it was not allowed where Ph.D/D.Sc./M.Phil/LL.M Degree was part of the eligibility criteria of a post. Now, in super session of all previous notifications, issued from time to time (to the extent of eligibility criteria), Governor of the Punjab is pleased to decide that the Ph.D / M.Phil / LL.M Allowance will be admissible, w.e.f. 01.08.2019, under the following terms and conditions:
i. Ph.D / M.Phil / LL.M Degree Allowance is allowed to all Government servants, across the board, working under the administrative control of the Punjab Government without linking the same with recruitment rules and jobs assigned to the posts.
i. It will be admissible to the employees of those Statutory Bodies / Semi-Autonomous Organizations / Corporations which have adopted the scheme of Basic Pay Scales of the Punjab Government in-toto.
Ph.D Degree holders will be entitled to draw Rs. 10,000/- per month as Ph.D Degree Allowance and M.Phil / LL.M Degree holders will be entitled to draw @ Rs.5,000/- per month as M.Phil / LL.M Allowance.
iv. Ph.D / M.Phil / LL.M Degree Allowance will be admissible from the date of notification of the final result issued by the university concerned for those already in service and with effect from the date of joining service for new entrants already in possession of the degree.
v. Those who are / had been in receipt of M.Phil / LL.M Allowance and had / have subsequently acquired Ph.D Degree would be entitled to the allowance on the basis of their last degree, i.e. Ph.D only, and the allowance having been/ being drawn on the basis of previous degree i.e. M.Phil / LL.M shall be discontinued with effect from the same date.
vi. Ph.D / M.Phil / LL.M Degree Allowance will be allowed only if the degree has been / is acquired from the Higher Education Commission (HEC) recognized university.
vii. In case of claim of equivalence of a degree, Ph.D / M.Phil / LL.M Degree Allowance will be allowed only if the Equivalence Certificate has been / is issued by the Higher Education Commission upon the request of the concerned administrative department.
All Administrative Secretaries / Concerned are requested to ensure implementation above mentioned instructions in letter and spirit.
ADDITIONAL FINANCE SECRETARY (REG.)
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:
1. The Accountant General, Punjab, Lahore
2. All District Accounts Officers in the Punjab
3. The Treasury Officer, Lahore
Abdul Shakoor Dogar
Section Officer (SR-1)
A copy is forwarded for information to:
1. Finance Secretary, Government of Sindh, Karachi
2. Finance Secretary, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhaw, Peshawar
3. Finance Secretary, Government of Balochistan, Quetta
4. Finance Secretary, Government of Azad State of Jammun & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
5. Finance Secretary, Government of Gilgit Baltistan, Gilgit
Abdul Shakoor Dogar
Section Officer (SR-1)