CONDUCT OF 6TH POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS ASSISTANCE OF PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
The Council of Common interest in its meeting held on 18 March 2016 under the chairman ship of the Prime Minister decided to hold the 6th population and housing census in March 2016. In this connection Government has declared commissioner as Divisional census Coordinator , District Coordination Officers as District Census Coordinator and Assistant Commissioner/Cantonment Executive Officers as Census District Officer in gazette notification dated 07 December 2015.
Pakistan Bureau of Statistics has posted officers with Divisional Commissioners and District Coordination Officer while officials posted with Assistant Commissioner / Census District Officers for the Assistance related to the census activities.
The successful conduct of census requires the full support and commitment of the Provisional Government. The conduct of this major activity requires your cooperation in the following assignment.
- Freezing of boundaries of administrative Units.
- Availability of census field staff from the education , revenue , local government, Population welfare and agriculture department etc.
- Imposing of ban on posting/ transfer of field staff prior to the census operations.
- Formation of coordination committee.
- Formation of vigilance teams at district / census district levels .
- Establishment of Control rooms.
In order to have effective coordination between census staff and local administration to manage the work of census. I would request you to please issue directions to all assistant commissioners to extend full support to PBS and census staff as and when required.