AWARD OF UPLIFT AND UPWARD MOBILITY PACKAGE TO ESTs IN PUNJAB
NO SO fSE-III) 5-92/2016
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Dated Lahore the. 2, March, 2017
All the Chief Executive Officers (DEA). in the Punjab
Subject : AWARD OF UPLIFT & UPWARD MOBILITY TO ESTs (ALL CATEGORIES) UNDER NOTIFICATION NO.SO (SE-III) 2-16/2007 DATED 06.11.2009
Kingly refer to the subject noted above.
- Government of the Punjab, School Education Department.
SO(SE-1102-16/2007 dated 06.11.2009 awarded uplift & upward mobility package to the ESTs (all categories) in the Punjab. The condition 30), (iii) & (iv) of the notification ibid are reproduced as under:
(ii). The total number of posts for each level of higher scale / upward mobility will be fixed by the respective EDO (Edo) On the basis of working strength of teachers as on 1st December of every year and shall be notified by him:
(iii). The number of posts at each level of higher scale worked out on the prescribed ratio approved under this notification shall automatically stand up-graded:
(iv). The seniority shall be maintained at district level strictly on the basis of date of regular appointment as per rules presently invogue: however, the seniority list of PSTs shall be maintained at Tehsil Level.
- It has been observed that due to interpretation of notification
SO(SE-III) 2-16/2007 dated 06.11.2009 by the Departmental Selection Committees at District Level and the EDOs ( Education ) . the department is facing huge litigation in the Court’s that has caused an embarrassing situation for the department. Some of the districts are awarding uplift & upward mobility to ESTs (all categories) on the basis of combined seniority of ESTs; whereas. other are awarding on the basis of seniority in the respective category.
- The Department approached the Finance Department, Govt. of the Punjab for issuance of an advice for preparation of seniority list of ESTs (all categories) under notification dated 11.2009. The Finance Department vide U.0 No. FDPC.19-1/89-P-11(1153/09) dated 15.03.2017 observed that as per para 3(9) of notification dated 24.09.2007, the seniority lists was to be maintained at district level strictly on the basis of the date of regular appointment in the respective category as Per rules presently in vogue; whereas, in terms of para 3020 of notification dated 06.11 2009, the seniority list N to Co maintained at district level strictly on the bao of the date of regular appointment as per rules presently in vogue. The latest notification does not mention the words ‘in the respective category.‘ as was mentioned in the previous notification. Hence, it is inferred that combined seniority will be maintained at district level in case of ESTs.
- In view of the above, it is advised that combined seniority may be maintained at district level in case of ESTs for award of higher scales under uplift & upward mobility package.
SECTION OFFICER (SE-III)
No. & date even
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:
1, All the District Accounts Officers in the Punjab.
- All DEOs (M/W – EE) in the Punjab.
SECTION OFFICER (SE-III)
- PS to Secretary School Education.
- PS to Special Secretary Schools.
- PA To Additional Secretary (Schools).